Spend an immersive six weeks in the hub of Francophone West Africa: Dakar, Senegal. A vibrant crossroads of art, business, education, and humanitarian organizations, Senegal is one of the most economically and politically stable countries in Africa.
Choose two classes from: Advanced French Language, Oral & Written African Literature, Senegal Today, Economics and Development, and Contemporary Western African Art. All courses are taught in French. Orientation, academic, and language support included.
Weekly volunteer opportunities, four cultural events, two day trips, one weekend excursion, and an African dance and drums workshop are included in APA's signature culture package. In addition, each student will be placed with a host family with full room and board.
Consider extending your time in Dakar two more weeks and continue with intensive language studies in Wolof or use this time to participate in an internship or pursue an independent study.
- Choose courses based on your interests
- Extend your summer abroad two more weeks for an independent study, internship, or Wolof language studies
- Rich cultural package with a variety of experiences
- Carefully matched homestays with all meals and weekly laundry included
- Three-day orientation to prepare for the summer ahead