You can help with reforestation programs in the Kilimanjaro region.
A major part of the work takes place at tree nurseries where you would assist the local staff with the cultivation of seedlings of 110 different species of trees, out of which 80 are native to the area and 30 are non-native (such as eucalyptus).
The botanists and their colleagues will give you expert explanations and instructions, so you will learn a lot. You can then join planting the trees at deforested areas of the Kilimanjaro region, which is usually done with local people from villages and supervised by the botanists. 30 million trees were planted over the last 3 years.
Other activities you can join include taking care of a fish pond, bee keeping, and environmental education at local schools.
- Help with reforestation programs in the Kilimanjaro region
- Immerse into local Tanzanian communities and learn about their lives and culture
- Join and support programs of environmentally-friendly agriculture and environmental education
- Extensive support and preparation from our international team and local coordinators
- Combine with our other environmental conservation programs in Zanzibar and Kenya!