Abuse, forced marriage, early pregnancy and missing out on basic education are common things girls in Africa face, simply because they are girls. The Girl Impact initiative, run in conjunction with African Impact and the African Impact Foundation, aims to provide opportunities for adolescent girls and to create support networks within their communities, so they can make informed choices as they grow up. Fulfilling the rights of adolescent girls to health, education, and protection from violence and abuse, ensures they have the chance to achieve their potential and can become empowered women who can support their families, communities, and countries.
African Impact has started programs in three countries with the common objective of aiding in the development and empowerment of girls, while at the same time educating boys. Participating in these projects will allow you to contribute to a better society while learning about the roles and experiences of women in African contexts.
African Impact's Top Gender Equality Internships
- Intern with girls and women, with a focus on including boys and men in the gender equality conversation
- Work predominantly with inspiring women’s groups who are coming together to start a co-operative and help each other earn income
- Primarily support young girls in rural area that has suffered greatly from the HIV epidemic
- With a focus on self-confidence, income-generation and education, work with young adults and children
African Impact's Top Gender Equality Volunteer Programs
- Work with young boys and girls to achieve long-term gender equality according to the needs and desires of local communities
- Get ready to learn about the challenges facing girls in Tanzania and work as part of a team to ensure adolescent girls aged between 11 and 18 are empowered, educated and uplifted
- Visit one of the most beautiful cities in the world while mentoring, supporting, educating and empowering youth in important topics including: health, relationships and income generation