Life Changing Experience!
This placement is centered around a rural school in Bodghaya, Bihar catering to the most vulnerable communities.
The students come from the surrounding villages (approx 600 population) which lack basic infrastructure and without this school, would have virtually no access to education. For these agricultural driven communities, the reality of unjust social hierarchy simply does not allow children of poor families to receive an education.
The school is the first of it’s kind in this area as such it has faced incredible resistance from the village elites with a lack of understanding of the community benefits associated with ‘new’ knowledge systems and formal education opportunities.
Slowly but surely, the pupil base has grown exponentially over the years harnessing a powerful spirit of pride, acceptance and opportunity.
As a volunteer guest you will receive truly incredible Indian hospitality.
- Affordable Program Fees - From $137 p/week (4 week program)
- 12+ Project Options from Teaching & Construction, to Nutrition, Healthcare and Community Development
- Bodhgaya, the birth place of Buddhism. Largest Buddhist pilgrimage site in the world
- Single, twin or dorm style accommodation - you choose
- Flexible start dates available all year round