Greenheart Travel's Teach in a Homestay program gives participants an opportunity to tutor members of their Chinese host families in conversational English for 15 hours per week. The rest of the time is yours to experience life in Beijing, which is home to countless heritage landmarks including Tiananmen Square, the Imperial Palace, and of course the Great Wall.
Travel dates are flexible and programs run from 1-3 months in length.
Program cost: $890 for 1, 2, or 3 month program lengths
This is a volunteer teaching placement designed for deep cultural immersion and exchange. This program is ideal for adults hoping to get their feet wet in teaching, teachers planning to travel during their summer break, or travelers seeking to experience full cultural immersion while teaching English abroad.
- Small monthly stipend if all teaching requirements are met
- Assistance from a personal program manager before, during and after your program
- 15 hours of tutoring per week leaves time to explore the country
- 24 Emergency contact service and medical insurance included
- Pre-departure orientation & cultural training provided by your program manager