We are proud to launch our new GVI Business Internships Abroad!
Service learning is a teaching method that takes classroom education and connects it to real life services that directly benefit the community or environment. Apart from benefitting the local community, all our programs offer real-life experiences to enhance academic studies, increase personal growth and the interpersonal skills of all participants.
These programs can be tailor made for each university, college or high school group, they follow an accredited curriculum, and are made up of the following 5 portions:
2. Preparation and Planning
3. The Service
4. Reflection Period
5. Demonstration and Celebration
Below are some of our most popular courses:
Popular Group Service-Learning Programs:
- Our projects in amazing Thailand offer you the chance to contribute to community development projects as you get involved with the education of local impoverished children. Your involvement would be based on improving the non-formal education center to transform it into a key place of learning. While you're there you can immerse yourself in the traditional Thai culture and enjoy the region's stunning beaches with crystal clear waters.
- Group Service Learning Thailand Conservation Experience: The tropical paradise of Thailand is home to a variety of stunning scenery and fauna and flora. Your conservation efforts will contribute to the survival of the ecosystems found in the beautiful Phang Nga province. Apart from hands-on conservation efforts, you will be promoting environmental education to local community groups and schools. Discover the delights of the traditional Thai culture and explore the region's stunning beaches!
- Interested in making a difference to disadvantaged communities in sunny South Africa? Join our Service Learning experience and contribute to vital community development initiatives in Cape Town. Participants will get to join a construction project in township areas to improve the infrastructure and learning environment for local children. Help us provide these disadvantaged children with a loving, caring home. While making a real difference to the local community you can immerse yourself in the local culture and all the wonderful things this country has to offer!
- This is the ideal opportunity for all bush babies to discover the Big Five when you travel to iconic South Africa! Participants will be able to gain insight into both wildlife research and conservation activities as well as critical community development initiatives. Join us in stunning South Africa as we embark on an awesome four-day safari trip through Limpopo and KwaZulu-Natal. You'll even get to experience world-famous Kruger National Park on this wildlife awareness trip!
- Travel to the beautiful country of Nepal to discover a new culture and contribute to earthquake relief community development projects. Our activities in Nepal consist of work in a care centre, local schools and on a variety of women's empowerment initiatives. As a participant on this Service Learning trip, you will get involved with efforts to rebuild Nepal's badly damaged infrastructure following the tragic earthquakes in April 2015. Come experience the warmth of the Nepali culture and make a real difference in these communities!
- The world of marine conservation is open to all people from all walks of life and it all starts with earning our PADI stripes. Our project in Mexico enables you to earn your PADI diving qualification and learn about marine conservation in the crystal Caribbean waters of the Yucatan Peninsula. You will get the special opportunity to explore the Mesoamerican coral reef while you immerse yourself in a new culture in this tropical paradise. This might just be the start of your future in marine conservation!
- India is diverse country rich in culture, tradition and stunning scenery. Our projects in Kerala lets you get involved in valuable community development work where you can teach sports to young children, spend your afternoon building an eco-garden or eco-toilet or get your hands dirty with one of our community construction projects. An opportunity like this is the ideal chance to make a difference in the lives of disadvantaged communities!
- Costa Rica is a fun and laidback island nation with stunning scenery and friendly people. Unfortunately, many of the communities in Costa Rica are in desperate need of support. Join us in Costa Rica and contribute to our long-term conservation and community projects while learning some Spanish. As a participant, you will get involved in both construction and sports education projects, working in the community of Quepos and living in picturesque coastal town of Manuel Antonio.
- Costa Rica is the perfect location to learn about tropical rainforest ecosystems and contribute to our long-term conservation and community projects. You can immerse yourself in the Pura Vida Costa Rican lifestyle while learning and discovering all about wildlife research and conservation. Give yourself a chance to assist in our Turtle, Jaguar, Bird and Forest conservation projects in one of Costa Rica's stunning National Parks.