This 2-week summer program aims at providing participants with a real understanding of the European Union: its institutions, its policies and its constant system of negotiation.
The “EUROPEAN NEGOTIATION Program” aims at providing a unique learning experience through six key assets.
1. Bringing together, in Paris, Master students from different countries and academic backgrounds;
2. The use of innovative and interactive learning methodologies (simulations, exercises, e-learning), based on ESSEC IRENE know-how;
3. An exclusive two-day simulation of the European Council to experience the challenges of multilateral negotiations;
4. The direct contact and interaction with practitioners coming from different backgrounds (policy-makers and elected officials, highly-ranked European officials, diplomats, managers, civil society);
5. A study trip to Brussels to visit the EU institutions, together with visits in private companies and public organizations (e.g. the OECD Headquarters in Paris and the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs);
6. A campus based at the heart of the Paris Business District (La Défense) in a leading Business School open to the complexity of today's world.