This four week intensive summer program explores the British Education system. It is suitable for teachers and education majors, and worth six credits. Participating students will visit local schools, all of which cater from a range of socio-economic and special educational needs. Integrated into this on-site school based work will be a series of teaching and learning workshops and seminars. The relationship between culture and education is reflected in the program and enhanced by organized field trips to Bath/Stonehenge and Oxford/Stratford-upon-Avon.
Accommodation comprises of self-catering halls of residences, single rooms with internet, en-suite shower and toilet, 6-8 rooms per apartment, with shared kitchen, spacious living area with TV and use of laundry and on-site gym facilities.
We offer an on-site orientation and pride ourselves on offering outstanding student support.
The dates of the program are Monday 3rd July - Friday 28th July
Optional Field Trips
As part of our programming, we're proud to offer our students optional field trips at a very affordable price. Sit back, let us do the planning and let's explore the UK!
- London: a fully escorted day through England’s exciting capital city. See all the major sights with plenty of free time, too
- East Sussex: day tour by mini-bus of the countryside and places of scenic and historical interest in the area east of Brighton
- Bodiam Castle and Rye: a day trip by mini-bus through parts of Sussex and Kent -- a classic medieval castle in a picturesque setting (surrounded by a moat!)
- Oxford and Stratford-Upon-Avon: a lovely weekend trip exploring historic cities and castles
- Bath & Stonehenge: a weekend trip to Bath, a world Heritage city, famous for its Georgian architecture and Roman Baths and to Stonehenge, the world famous ancient stone circle