Enjoy this summer out of your comfort zone, learning and discovering Mexican culture! In the spam of 4 weeks you'll be able to break stereotypes and will be surprised on how diverse and special Mexican culture really is.
- Experience the Mexican way of life and enjoy walking in the colorfull streets of Guanajuato City
- Gain Spanish fluency by living with a Mexican host family and share daily life with them
- Make memories you'll never forget during weekend excursions with the group
- Be part of a program that is a 100% local and that wants you to have the most authentic experience posible!
- Visit Mexico City, Dolores Hidalgo, San Miguel Allende and more during our weekend excursions!
What to Expect
Your day will start around 7:30/8am with a delicious breakfast Mexican style - eggs, freshly squeezed orange juice, season fruit and coffee.
After breakfast you will walk to the Universidad de Guanajuato central building (usually around 20mins from your house) and attend classes for 5 hours everyday from Monday to Friday.
After classes you can return home to have lunch with your host family and use the rest of the afternoon to do homework in one of the many small coffee places downtown, explore the city, attend cultural activities or just go out with your friends.
COURSES: Each level integrates the teaching of grammar, reading, writing, speaking, listening comprehension as well as socio-cultural aspects like Mexican history, literature, culture seminar and a workshop of popular dance.
SCHEDULE: 5 hours every day from Monday to Friday.
$263- Airport pick-up/drop-off, orientation activities, welcome/goodbye dinner, etc.
$334 - Operations & Administration
$388 - 4-day trip to Mexico City and a one-day excursion to rural and indigenous communities nearby Guanajuato
$598 - Housing and all meals
$837 - 1 Intensive Spanish Course of 96 hours total
- Online Pre-Departure Orientation
- International Travel Insurance
- Airport Pick-Up and Drop-Off
- Trips & Excursions
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Intensive Spanish Lessons
- Housing and All Meals
What's Not Included
- International Flights
Housing & Meals
Mi casa es su casa, is a very popular Mexican saying that means 'My home is your home'. Our host families go through a careful screening process to make sure they've met all the conditions required and are eager to host you. Your homestay will provide:
- A private room with a bed, closet, and a desk
- Your laundry washed once a week (optional)
- Friendship, integration as a family member, conversation in Spanish and advice when appropriate
Our host families are all within 15 - 20 minutes walking distance (or an 8-minute bus ride) from downtown Guanajuato.
Your homestay will provide three meals a day and the occasional sandwich if we have an excursion.