Are you a student or recent graduate looking for a valuable professional experience in Spain? Don't miss out this last opportunity to teach English in Spain and become a Language Assistant in a private school. We are now closing the application period, so we encourage students and recent graduates to apply before April 1st. No matter what your background and level of Spanish are, there is a Meddeas program for you. Receive a monthly income, free TEFL-related training and take the opportunity to explore another country.
Becoming a Language Assistant in a Spanish school with Meddeas is a unique experience that will stay with you forever. During one academic year, you will be enrolled in a structured program and teach 20 hours a week in one of the 200 educational centers we work with. Gain international experience teaching English in Spain and add transferable skills to your resume. Don't miss the opportunity to discover a new culture and language, paying no fees and with a guaranteed monthly income, which is more than enough to live in Spain as a student.
- September/October 2018 until May/June 2019
Don't miss out on our participants' testimonials on Meddeas Language Assistants' blog. Join us for news and updates on Facebook and Youtube.
So what type of opportunity to teach English abroad does Meddeas offer?
According to your background and interests, there is a Meddeas program for you that will include a university-certified course and a placement to teach English in Spain.
• Qualifications: degree in English Language or Education OR any degree + TEFL certificate
• Conversation practice with up to 28 pupils
• Monthly stipend: 930 Euros OR 480 Euros + full board accommodation with a host family
• Qualifications: any degree
• Conversation practice with up to 14 pupils
• Monthly stipend: 880 Euros OR 430 Euros + full board accommodation with a host family
• Minimum qualifications: any degree OR university students OR gap years
• Conversation practice with small groups OR assisting the main teacher
• Monthly stipend: 330 Euros + full board accommodation with a host family
Depending on your preferences and motivations, there are two lodging options: full board accommodation with a host family or independently housing. Families in these programs are linked to the school and chosen by its principal. In fact, they host the Language Assistant on a volunteer basis to experience a cultural and linguistic immersion. The main idea of this cultural exchange is that, when they are not at school, Language Assistants will spend half of their time interacting with the family in English and the other half interacting in Spanish, traveling or enjoying their spare time as they want. During the program, the family will cover meals and accommodation expenses.
The sooner you apply the more possibilities you'll have of being offered a suitable placement, so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Doubts? Interested? Send an email to [email protected]
Perks of the Programs:
• Join a Spanish school as a Language Assistant teaching 20 hours per week.
• Take a certified course given by a Spanish university and paid by the program. Depending on the program, it would be the Expert in Bilingual Education course (20 ECTS) or the TEFL or AMET course (6 ECTS).
• Receive a guaranteed monthly allowance, more than enough to live in Spain as a student.
• Obtain help opening a bank account.
• Participate in a program run by a serious and professional organization.
• Have ongoing in-country support from the school's tutor and from Meddeas.
• Get initial training and participate in teaching workshops.
• Receive a certificate of completion at the end of the program.
• Teach children aged two to eighteen. Learners' English levels range from beginner to advanced.
• Enjoy paid school holidays (except for the summer period).
• Pay no fees.