Do you have a bachelors degree (or currently studying towards one), have a good command of spoken and written English and hold one of the following passports: Canada, United States, Ireland, United Kingdom, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand? Then you're just what we're looking for!
We have numerous exciting opportunities available to teach English in one of the world's most up-and-coming teach abroad destinations: Vietnam!
This is an incredibly vibrant country full of fascinating history, unique customs and exceptional food. Teaching here is a privileged opportunity to contribute to the lives of those most passionate about up-skilling themselves to allow them to explore a wide range of possibilities for their futures.
About the job
We have two types of positions available: teaching at public schools and teaching at private language centers..
As a teacher in a private language centre you benefit from high tech, modern teaching facilities with smaller classes to allow you to give your student the attention they deserve.
No experience required, full training provided
We offer exceptional in-class TESOL training done in Vietnam where you also receive a weeklong cultural orientation, packed with fun activities and insightful lectures to help you adjust smoothly to life in this high energy country. The TESOL course is 120 hours long over a 3 week period and is led by an experienced instructor and is customized to teaching English in Vietnam. If you already have a TESOL certificate, done online, you may still be eligible but check with us first.
With this you'll also receive airport pickup, a sim card for your mobile phone and comprehensive job placement assistance.
- Be at least 21 years of age and older (usually applicants older than 35 will need to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis)
- Hold a bachelor's degree in any field
- Be willing to commit to a 12 month contract
- No criminal record
- Be in good physical and mental health
- Have excellent command of the English language in both a written and spoken form
- Have a passion for understanding and embracing new cultures and experiences
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries: United States, Canada, Ireland, United Kingdom, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand
- Our September intake is now full. By popular demand, we have added one extra for 2018:
- October 15th TESOL course and orientation in Ho Chi Minh City
- April 22nd TESOL course and orientation in Ho Chi Minh City
We also offer alternative start dates where orientation and TESOL training is done in Thailand prior to starting work in Vietnam.
What our participants say they love most about TravelBud
- Fast turnaround time
- Guaranteed job placement
- Great reviews by past teachers
- Our fun, friendly enrolments agents all have teach abroad experience
- Simple to understand website full of photos and videos to help you prepare for what to expect
- Guaranteed job placement
- Monthly pay of around $1600 per month
- Vietnam's extremely low cost of living makes saving easier
- Healthcare provided (we recommend taking extra insurance as a precaution also)
- Assistance in finding accommodation
- Friends and couples can be placed together
- Assistance with opening a local bank account
- Visa guidance and application support prior to departure
- 24/7 in-country support throughout your job contract in Vietnam