Teach and Learn in Korea (TaLK) invites you on a Korean Government scholarship to teach English at a public elementary school in a rural area of South Korea.
Benefits include a monthly stipend of KRW 1.5 million (approx. $1,300), a settling-in allowance of KRW 300,000 (approx. $250), an entrance and exit allowance of 1,300,000 KRW (approx. $1,100), accommodation, health insurance and more! Have fun exploring a unique culture and develop a mature global mindset.
TaLK scholarship terms begin in August and February. Apply online for the 2016 Fall semester program!
- UNDERGRADUATES and graduates of accredited universities/colleges are eligible to apply **given they are a citizen from the U.S., U.K., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland or South Africa.
- A 6-MONTH CONTRACT is available for those who want a "taste" of volunteer- and work-abroad experience in Korea.
- RURAL elementary schools are our program's target locations, as geographically disadvantaged areas are the most hard-hit by the inequality in English education.
- A KOREAN CO-TEACHER ("buddy") is available to provide teaching assistance during in-class instructions and to help you EXPLORE your options to learn Korean language and culture through various activities supported in part by your local government.
- 4-WEEK INTENSIVE TRAINING is mandatory as a buffer period for adjustment and briefing of the following months to come. Orientation provides fundamental knowledge of Korea, living and teaching English in South Korea, the education system, teaching methodol