Travel to rural Rajasthan in India’s arid and beautiful northwest. Collaborate with locals on community service projects at the school, community center, temple, or school in your host village of Kotri. Teach English to children, pursue individual village internships with artisans, plant seedlings with farmers, or learn traditional music and dance. In Rajasthan, explore the lakes and historic temples of Udaipur, known as the “City of Lakes,” and the lavish palaces and Mughal forts of Jodhpur. Experience India’s spiritual and cultural traditions in temples and village ceremonies, participate in dance workshops, and ride camels through the lunar landscapes of Jaisalmer’s Thar Desert. Visit New Delhi’s iconic sights, including the Red Fort, Humayun’s Tomb, Jama Masjid, or the soaring Qutab Minar tower. Cap your program with a visit to the Pink City of Jaipur and an afternoon at the iconic Taj Mahal.
- Volunteer at a rural village school in Rajasthan
- Pursue a personal interest with a local artisan or farmer
- Ride camels across the lunar landscape of the Thar Desert
- Explore UNESCO World Heritage Sites across New Delhi, Jaipur, and Agra
- Sample curries, dal, tandoori, and other authentic Indian dishes