For a small country, New Zealand has a lot going for it.
Ask anyone who's visited New Zealand -- whether to study abroad or just to travel around the countryside -- and they'll tell you it's a country of stunning scenery, welcoming people, delicious food, and fascinating culture.
So why isn't New Zealand at the top of your list to study abroad?
Maybe you've considered New Zealand as a possible study abroad destination, and aren't quite sure if it's the right fit for you. We've got a great reason to consider New Zealand -- and tons of resources to show you why you'll have an unforgettable semester (or year) abroad in New Zealand.
You Can Study Abroad in New Zealand... for Free
For the fifth year, we at Go Overseas have partnered with to sponsor our New Zealand scholarship contest. From now through October 12, 2018, you can apply to win one of five scholarships to study abroad in New Zealand.
Undergraduates from the U.S. and Europe are eligible to apply, as are prospective U.S. postgraduate students. The two undergraduate scholarships are all worth up to $15,000! The two undergraduate winners will also win free flights to New Zealand, thanks to .
Postgrad applicants can apply for scholarships from the , the , and the . Each of these schools is offering a $10,000 scholarship for graduate students who want to pursue a graduate degree in the land of kiwis.
Like in years past, here's how to enter:
- You need to head over to the New Zealand scholarship page and start your application. Click here if you're a U.S. undergrad, click here if you're a European undergrad, and click here if you're a prospective U.S. postgrad.
- You provide us with some important information, like your name and contact info.
- You browse and select different New Zealand study abroad programs you are interested in.
- You submit a creative photo and essay telling us why you should be one of the scholarship winners.
After you've completed your application, we'll review it and get back to you by the end of October, letting you know if you're one of the lucky winners!
Unsure if New Zealand is Right for You?
Over the years, we've had the chance to learn a lot about New Zealand, and we believe it has something to offer every student. Here are some of our favorite articles about studying abroad in New Zealand. These will give you a good sense of why New Zealand should be on your study abroad wishlist -- and why now is the perfect time to apply for our New Zealand scholarship!
- Why You Should Consider Studying Abroad in New Zealand -- Don't just take our word for it -- we asked NZ study abroad alum Alison to share her thoughts on why New Zealand is a great study abroad destination.
- Why You Should Pursue Your Graduate Degree in New Zealand -- We also asked Valerie, who's doing her Ph.D. in New Zealand, what makes NZ a great destination for graduate studies!
- 10 Things to Know Before Studying Abroad in New Zealand -- Here's a handy resource that teaches you more about New Zealand and what to know before you go.
- 10 New Zealand Foods & Drinks You Must Try While Studying Abroad -- Whet your appetite for New Zealand by adding these unique foods and drinks to your must-try list when you study abroad.
- The Top Universities in New Zealand for International Students -- Learn more about the universities in New Zealand, and what makes each unique.
- How to Study Abroad in New Zealand on a Budget -- As you finalize your plans for studying in New Zealand, here are helpful tips from a student who's been there.
Ready to Apply?
Are you excited to study abroad in New Zealand yet? If so, don't delay! The scholarship applications are only open until October 12, 2018. Good luck!