Welcome, world traveler with a passion for storytelling and writing! We're glad you're here.
At Go Overseas, a core part of our mission is producing stories and other forms of content that help answer every question that travelers like you might have about studying abroad, teaching abroad, taking a gap year, or the other topics we cover. To help meet that need, we rely on writers like you to share your stories, experiences, and expertise.
Important details: For stories we publish, we expect them to be at least 1,000 words long and we pay $110 per article. Articles are assigned with a two-week deadline, so if you can't meet that schedule, please don't agree to do a story.
Before you send us a pitch, please check out our Content Guide which covers our brand voice and style. In short, we're looking for high-quality articles written by topic experts which pull the reader in, give them the best information possible, and do it in a friendly, encouraging way. Are you up for it?
Here are some of the stories we're currently looking for:
Study Abroad Stories:
- Tips for Choosing a Pre-Med Study Abroad Program
- The Pros & Cons of Studying Abroad as a Sophomore, or as a First-Semester Senior
- Have you studied abroad in Cuba, Japan, China, or Australia? We'd love to hear from you!
Teach Abroad Stories:
- Why & How to Teach Abroad with Your Family
- What It's Like Teaching Abroad through a Teacher Exchange Program
- Have you taught abroad and fully supported yourself as a private tutor? (You had no other income source.) We'd love to hear from you!
- We're looking for teachers willing to share tips about teaching in: Cuba, Mexico, and Thailand. If you've taught in one of these countries, let us know!
Volunteer Abroad Stories:
- Where & How to Volunteer Abroad After Retirement
- Have you done a medical or dental volunteer abroad program? Let us know!
- Have you volunteered abroad with veterans or in legal aide? We want to hear from you!
- Have you participated in volunteer work in Puerto Rico, Greece, Italy, or Jamaica? We want to share your story!
Intern Abroad Stories:
- How to Score a Paid Internship in Europe
- Have you done an internship in China, Canada, or Spain? Let us know!
- Have you done a social work, hospitality, or business internship abroad? We want to hear about it!
Gap Year Stories:
- What It's Like to be an Au Pair in Europe
- Why to Take a Gap Year After College
- Have you taken a religious or art-focused gap year program? We'd love to hear from you!
- Did you take all or part of your gap year in Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, or China? We'd like to share your story!
High School Abroad Stories:
More story needs coming soon!
Language School Abroad Stories:
- What to Know about Learning Russian Abroad
- What to Know About Learning Arabic Abroad
TEFL Course Stories:
- What it's like taking a TEFL course in the Philippines, Cambodia, Thailand, or Mexico. (If you've done any of these, let us know!)
Do you have the experience to write one of these stories? Email our editor Valerie with the story idea as your subject line! We look forward to sharing your story with the Go Overseas community.
(Last updated: May 15th, 2018)