Welcome, world traveler with a passion for storytelling and writing! We're glad you're here.
At Go Overseas, a core part of our mission is producing stories and other forms of content that help answer every question that travelers like you might have about studying abroad, teaching abroad, taking a gap year, or the other topics we cover. To help meet that need, we rely on writers like you to share your stories, experiences, and expertise.
Important details: For stories we publish, we expect them to be at least 1,000 words long and we pay $110 per article. Articles are assigned with a two-week deadline, so if you can't meet that schedule, please don't agree to do a story.
Before you send us a pitch, please check out our Content Guide which covers our brand voice and style. In short, we're looking for high-quality articles written by topic experts which pull the reader in, give them the best information possible, and do it in a friendly, encouraging way. Are you up for it?
Here are some of the stories we're currently looking for:
Study Abroad Stories:
- If you have studied abroad in China 🇨🇳, let us know!
- Were you an English or Nursing major who studied abroad? Email us.
- Did you study abroad as a sophomore? We want to know!
Teach Abroad Stories:
- If you have taught in Mexico 🇲🇽, Cuba 🇨🇺, Ireland 🇮🇪, or Italy 🇮🇹, we want to hear from you.
Volunteer Abroad Stories:
If you've done a Medical Volunteering 👩⚕️program, reach out and let us know!
Guided Touring/Travel Stories:
- Have you taken a guided, multi-day tour in Iceland 🇮🇸, Italy 🇮🇹, or Japan 🇯🇵? Let us know the details.
- Have you been on a river cruise or small-ship cruise? When and where?
- Did you get zen on a multi-day yoga retreat ? Let us know.
- Have you gone on a guided, multi-day culinary 🍽 or wine tour 🍷? We want to hear about it.
We are not currently looking for gap year, internship abroad, TEFL course, language learning, or high school abroad stories. Check back in the future!
Do you have the experience to write one of these stories? Email our editor Valerie with the story idea as your subject line! We look forward to sharing your story with the Go Overseas community.
(Last updated: January 9, 2019)