Copywriter - Guides
Go back to our careers page.
Do you love to write about travel? Do you have a deep knowledge of a particular region of the world or type of travel? Then we'd love to hear from you!
Go Overseas is currently hiring a team of copywriters (yes, this is a paid position) to help contribute high-quality guides for our website. Typically, guides are ~1,000 words long. The number of guides you contribute will depend on your availability.
As a copywriter, you will work directly with our Managing Editor to contribute on topics pre-determined by the editorial team. This is a remote, part-time job, but a great opportunity for freelancers or travel writers who are looking for additional publications to write for.
- Contribute straightforward how-to guides on studying, volunteering, teaching, interning, taking a gap year abroad, or other topics we cover.
- Uphold the Go Overseas voice, style, and guide format.
- Ensure that all submissions are grammatically correct and factual.
- Photos are not required with your submissions.
- At least 1 year of previous experience copywriting and/or blogging. Writing for an online platform is a plus.
- You have participated in a study, volunteer, teach, intern, adventure travel, or gap year trip abroad.
- Ability to meet deadlines and communicate with our editorial team.
- Your writing style is friendly but clear and informative.
- You have impeccable grammar and attention to detail.
- Previous experience with remote work is a plus (though not required).
E-mail Valerie at [email protected] with:
- A link to your LinkedIn profile as well as your blog, portfolio, or samples of your writing.
- A brief note telling me what interests you in writing for Go Overseas and what areas of expertise you have that will be valuable to our team.
In your subject line, please be sure to include COPYWRITER. Good luck!